Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Stranger Songs with Mike Regenstreif – CKCU – October 8, 2024: My Town and Other Towns


Stranger Songs with Mike Regenstreif finds connections and develops themes in various genres. The show is broadcast on CKCU, 93.1 FM, in Ottawa on Tuesdays from 3:30 until 5 pm (Eastern time) and is also available 24/7 for on-demand streaming.

This episode of Stranger Songs was recorded and can be streamed on-demand, now or anytime, by clicking on “Listen Now” at … https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/595/67165.html

Theme: My Town and Other Towns

Kate & Anna McGarrigle- My Town 
Tell My Sister: Kate & Anna McGarrigle (Nonesuch)

John Prine & Dolores Keane- In a Town This Size
In Spite of Ourselves (Oh Boy)
Mike Regenstreif & Bill Morrissey (2005)

Bill Morrissey- Small Town on the River
Bill Morrissey (Philo)
Rosalie Sorrels- Girls In Our Town
Then Came the Children (Green Linnet)
Jody Stecher & Kate Brislin- Our Town
Our Town (Rounder)
David Mallett- This Little Town
Open Doors and Windows (Flying Fish)

Bill Hearne- Small Town Saturday Night
Always Trust Your Cape (Howlin’ Dog) 

Paul Siebel- My Town
Woodsmoke and Oranges (Elektra)
Nanci Griffith- This Old Town
Other Voices/Other Rooms (Elektra)
Dave Carter & Tracy Grammer- Ordinary Town
Drum Hat Buddha (Signature Sounds)
David Essig & Mike Regenstreif (2014)

David Essig- Walk Back Into Town
A Stone in My Pocket (Peregrin)
Mary Chapin Carpenter- I am a Town
One Night Lonely (Lambent Light)

Mike Regenstreif & David Clayton-Thomas (2006)

David Clayton-Thomas- This Town
Say Somethin’ (Linus)
Bobby Charles- Small Town Talk
Bobby Charles (Stony Plain)
Cliff Eberhardt- Little Town
500 Miles: The Blue Rock Sessions (Red House)
Blackie & The Rodeo Kings & Pam Tillis- My Town Has Moved Away
Kings and Queens (FU:M)
C. Daniel Boling & Tom Paxton- This Town has No Café
New Old Friends (Berkalin)

Shawna Caspi- My Town
Skyline (Shawna Caspi)
Nick Justice- Stranger in My Town
Stranger in My Town (Nick Justice)
Amelia Curran- In a Town (200 Days)
Spectators (Six Shooter)
Dave Clarke- In My Home Town
Reunion (Crossties)
Judy Mayhan- I Washed My Face in the Morning Dew (Strange Towns)
Moments (Atlantic)

Amy Speace- Something ‘Bout a Town
The American Dream (Windbone)

Next week: Finest Kind’s Kind of Songs.

--Mike Regenstreif

No comments:

Post a Comment