Saturday, June 1, 2024

Stranger Songs with Mike Regenstreif – CKCU – June 11, 2024: Songs for Fathers


Stranger Songs with Mike Regenstreif finds connections and develops themes in various genres. The show is broadcast on CKCU, 93.1 FM, in Ottawa on Tuesdays from 3:30 until 5 pm (Eastern time) and is also available 24/7 for on-demand streaming.

This episode of Stranger Songs was recorded and can be streamed on-demand, now or anytime, by clicking on “Listen Now” at … https://cod.ckcufm.com/programs/595/65476.html

Theme: Songs for Fathers

Al Regenstreif 1926-2016 (father) & Mike Regenstreif (son)

Judy Collins- My Father
Forever: An Anthology (Elektra)

Amy Speace- Father’s Day
There Used to Be Horses Here (Windbone)
Michael ‘Earnie’ Taylor- What My Father Taught Me
Folk ‘n’ Western (Laughing Cactus Music)
Ben Sures- Father’s Shoes
The Story That Lived Here (Ben Sures)
Boreal- Warm Hands
Recorded for a future album release
Michael Smith- I Brought My Father With Me
Songs of a Catholic Childhood (J. O’Reilly Productions)

Nanci Griffith- Daddy Said
Once In a Very Blue Moon (Philo)

Steve Howell, Dan Sumner & Jason Weinheimer- Song for My Father
Long Ago (Out of the Past)
Guy Clark- Randall Knife
Craftsman (Philo)
The Smith Sisters- My Father was a Quiet Man
A Canary’s Song (Flying Fish)
Tom Russell- Throwing Horseshoes at the Moon
Old Songs Yet to Sing (Frontera)

Chaim Tannenbaum- My Old Man
Joy of Living: A Tribute to Ewan MacColl (Compass)
Rosanne Cash- My Old Man
Rhythm & Romance (Columbia)
Ron Hynes- My Old Man
Get Back Change (Borealis)
Steve Goodman- My Old Man
No Big Surprise: The Steve Goodman Anthology (Red Pajamas)

Jamie Anderson- My Dad Loves to Sing
Better Than Chocolate (Tsunami)
Heather Anne Lomax- Bits and Pieces
The Doman Tracks (Blackbird)
Brian Lemco- For EL
Seasons (Brian Lemco Music)
Loudon Wainwright III- Older Than My Old Man Now
Older Than My Old Man Now (StorySound)

Ruby Lovett- A Father’s Love
It’s a Hard Life (Puff Bunny)
Tim Grimm- Reverend Mr. Black
Names (Wind River).

James Talley- The Dreamer (A Song for My Father)
Ballads, Bandits and Blues (Cimarron)

Next week: 50 years ago, I took over The Golem, part 2.

--Mike Regenstreif

No comments:

Post a Comment