Sunday, January 31, 2010

Loudon and Jack win Grammys


A couple of Grammys were won by old friends of Folk Roots/Folk Branches. Congratulations to Loudon Wainwright III and producer Dick Connette for taking home the traditional folk Grammy for High Wide & Handsome: The Charlie Poole Project and to Ramblin' Jack Elliott for taking the traditional blues Grammy for A Stranger Here.

Both Loudon and Jack used to grace the stage back in the days I was running the Golem Coffee House in Montreal and both albums are departures for them, quite unlike anything either has done before in their long careers. Both albums were listed in my  my Top 20 selections for 2009.

Click here to see my review of The Charlie Poole Project.

Click here to see my review of A Stranger Here.


--Mike Regenstreif







No comments:

Post a Comment